1. SANTORINI: For those who are looking for the ideal post-summer break, there’s Santorini; an island in the southern Aegean Sea around 120 miles southeast of Greece. What makes this island stand out is that it is, effectively, the remains of an enormous volcanic eruption that occurred around 1620 BC. These days, you can see how the whitewashed villages have been built along the caldera, to a stunning effect. For many, it is a top destination to see some of the best sunsets in the world. Santorini is my dream destination for a romantic holiday.
2. PRAGUE: Prague has become a real favourite amongst travellers looking to sample a rich cultural heritage. While places like Paris are often touted as the most romantic cities on earth, Prague can also hold its own in the conversation. It has a unique history in cinema, music, and theatre and remains a must visit for anyone with an interest in the arts. I've visited this fairytale city once and have been looking forward to returning someday ever since!
3. MOROCCO: Making the trip from Tarifa, the southernmost point of Spain into Morocco may only be 8.5 miles, but it can seem like a complete culture shock once you make the official transition from Europe into Northern Africa. Many luxury travel planners can arrange a tour of the country’s world-famous marketplaces filled with enticing spices, jewellery, and other exotic goods. Unfortunately I have never visited Morocco but it is high up on my travel list.
4. BORA BORA: Bora Bora is one of small islands that make up the Society Islands in the South Pacific Ocean. The region is known for its white sandy beaches, clear blue waters, and range of luxury resorts, which makes it a popular honeymoon destination. Its secluded nature really does give the feel of your own private oasis. Ever since I've discovered the existence of Bora Bora, it has also been on my list of top romantic holiday destinations. The turquoise blue waters look stunning in photos. I can just imagine how much more mesmerizing it would be in person.
5. HONG KONG: The experience of visiting Hong Kong has changed greatly in recent years. It has long been a melting pot of different cultures that made it a joy to visit, but it now has an abundance of top luxury accommodation options as well. Whether you want to go shopping, enjoy the nightlife, relax on the beach, or take in some of the local festivals, there’s something for everybody here. As my family is from Hong Kong, I have been lucky enough to visit several times over the years. As I grow older, I have also grown to love it even more.
6. TANZANIA: I have saved the best for last; going on safari in Africa is my ultimate travel goal. Tanzania is perhaps the number one location for luxury safari trips. Every year, around 1.7 million wildebeest cross over from the Serengeti in what is known as the Great Migration. It’s one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa, and you will witness one of the most incredible wildlife experiences on the planet. Ever since I've watched the BBC's Planet Earth documentaries (many years ago), Tanzania has always been a dream of mine..which I hope will come true in the near future!!
*Images Courtesy of Exsus Travel*