Some photos taken during my first days interning at Gucci.
Before I went for my internship today, I really didn't want to go because I was really stressed about school and making that stupid BIG SHIRT - I just found out I have to redo everything that I've done for the past few days. Anyway after my last class I went to Gucci and it wasn't too bad today..it was actually quite fun. Though I'm not sure why because we didn't do anything particularly fun? hahah. BUT I got to see some gorgeous, gorgeous women's coats and black dresses and omg I want one so badly. I really like being there..the managers/staff there are very nice and the other interns are great too.
Today for part of the time, I wrote notes/invitations to attach to the gifts they're giving to the top clients. I would love to receive one of those VIP gifts someday hahah. Now I feel kind of bad though because my writing was kind of bad. I should've made it nicer =\ The manager said it was 'perfect' though but I think he was just being nice & he's probably redoing them all now..
Lots & lots of belts - when you see so many of one thing, it kind of loses it's appeal..even if it's Gucci
Last week I applied for an internship position at Gucci and had the interview today. Welllll guess what?! They accepted me!! I am now going to intern at the Gucci flagship store in Yorkville!
My day didn't start off that great actually. Classes were kind of boring, and I was so worried about going to the interview after school because in my mind, I was about 98% sure I WOULDN'T get the internship.
So anyways after arriving at Gucci,I then had my interview with the assistant manager. She's really really nice. She took me back to the back of the store..wow it was like heaven in there with all those Gucci clothes & bronze Gucci boxes ♥ hahaha. First she asked me what I was hoping to gain from that experience..I just told her as much as I could..and then she started telling me all the tasks I would be doing. She told me that interning at this time is perfect because the store is being renovated, and their grand opening is in a bit more than a month. They'll be needing a lot of help so I won't be the only intern. So I'll be here for the grand opening and I can meet all sorts of industry people. They're also having the Trunk Show soon & I'll also be here helping for that! What else..umm I'll be helping with merchandising, and keeping track of inventory (they're getting a huge shipment coming in soon!). I'm extremely excited at the thought of opening all those boxes and boxes of new Gucci stuff. I'm also going to be at the front of the store, helping one of the sales associates with their 'top clients' - helping bring clients champagne, clothes to try on, stuff like that. The manager also told me a bunch of other stuff about what was going on with the store and the whole of Yorkville. There's a lot of projects happening around there now..including the $5 million condos above the Gucci store, something about a granite walkway..
Then I just tried to ask her as many questions as I could. I asked her about dress code, and we have to dress all in black. So tomorrow, it looks like I'll be taking my day off from school to go shopping again! I think I'm starting there this saturday. Well it's an orientation thing but she said we'll be there for 4 hours? Anyway I'm really excited. & I'm probably making too big of a deal out of this.
1. I woke up after less than 5 hours of sleep
2. ate as much breakfast as I could
3. walked to my illustration class, then textiles lecture, then art history lecture. I love (some of) my fashion assignments. For my illustration class, our homework for next week is to find out what the upcoming trends for Spring 2009 are!
4. walked back home
5. talked to the bellboy
6. went to the harbourfront and got a pina colada smoothie
7. passed by Royal York on the way back to saw a ton of limos, well-dressed people, and stylists (I assume) EVERYWHERE
8. went to Richtree to get a strawberry tart
9. went to Starbucks to get a low-fat chicken bruschetta sandwich
10. ate it out in the courtyard while reading the pages for my Intro to the Fashion Industry class tomorrow
11. came back home
1. do laundry
2. write 2 letters (snail maiiil)
3. cook pasta
4. buy my Miss Marc bag ♥ I hope Holt Renfrew has it in already. I hate going in there and not buying anything lol..as I do way too often.